Parametric Machining is seeking an experienced Machinist for our precision CNC machine shop. At Parametric, you will work with other experienced professionals on Manual Mills/Lathes, CNC Mills, CNC Lathes, 5-axis CNC Mills, Wire EDM, and a full range of support equipment. Parametric services multiple industries including aerospace and medical across the country. Parametric specializes in tight-tolerance prototypes and short-run custom components.
- Sets up and operates conventional and CNC lathes or machining centers to fabricate parts to prints and/or CAD models.
- From prints, plan sequence of operations, tooling, fixtures and setup requirements.
- Understand and regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, and coolant.
- Collaborate with our QC department, verify conformance of finished workpiece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Fine detail to cosmetics, accuracy and quality of machined parts.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Minimum of 4 years as a machinist.
- Experience with set-up and operation of conventional machines (lathes, knee mills)
- Ability to make parts from sketches and blueprints, create setups and run parts with applicable assistance.
- Mechanical mind set.
- Experience and ability to use precision measuring instruments to inspect parts.
- Ability to read, understand and edit CNC programs, both G-code and conversational.
- Mastercam experience is a plus.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Vacations.
- Percentage of medical insurance provided
- 1st shift only