As COVID-19 continues to impact many industries and companies, we would like to assure you that Parametric Machining, Inc. is classified as an “Essential Business” and will remain open.
The health and well-being of our employees is our number one priority. We have implemented our continuity plan and request that contact with us be limited to phone and email. We are taking careful steps to mitigate the risk of exposure and spreading of COVID-19.
Parametric has added a new Haas VF-4SS with a Nikken 5-axis trunnion. This is Parametric’s second 5-axis mill. Not only does it increase capacity, but the additional 5-axis adds redundancy and provides a backup. In addition to the hardware, our programming software has been upgraded from 3+2 sided to true, live 5-axis milling.
Parametric Machining has been recognized as one of L3Harris’s Small Business Supplier of the Year – Focus Team Excellence, 2018.
From L3Harris: “We are pleased to announce that Parametric Machining, Inc. has been selected as one of Harris’ Small Business Suppliers of the Year – Focus Team Excellence (covering GFY 2018 performance). Parametric Machining, Inc. is a valued business partner to Harris and your firm’s execution excellence has enhanced the success of Harris programs and the customers we serve. Harris recognizes your company to be a best-in-class supplier that represents Harris’ Core Values, and is dedicated to driving business growth.”
Parametric Machining prides ourselves on maintaining a Gold supplier rating of above 99% combined for quality and delivery.
We are looking for CNC programmers with a machining
background and experience with Mastercam. The programmer will be responsible
for planning the order of operations, programming using customer supplied CAD
models and prints, assigning the appropriate tools, and working with the
machinists and QC to ensure efficient and accurate programs. Teamwork and good communication are very
- At least 2 years experience with Mastercam
- At least 2 years experience setting up/
programming (including conversational programming) CNC mills
- Ability to read and interpret prints
- 5-sided programming (preferred but not required)
- High school or equivalent
- Associates (preferred)
- Paid time off
- Percentage of medical insurance provided
- 1st shift Only
- Flexible start times
- Retirement benefits
As of April 8, 2018, Parametric Machining has been certified to the AS9100D standard. We are delighted to serve our customers even better through the well-defined and documented procedures this certification requires. While we’ve always been committed to quality in our products and services, this certification ensures a more productive environment through faster identification and resolution of quality issues, among many other benefits.
Parametric Machining has added a 3-D Printer. We now have the capability to print fixtures for workholding and parts for job planning. Printable media includes PLA and ABS.
Parametric Machining, Inc.’s Veteran-Owned Small Business status has been re-verified through December 2017.
Parametric Machining is seeking an experienced Machinist for our precision CNC machine shop. At Parametric, you will work with other experienced professionals on Manual Mills/Lathes, CNC Mills, CNC Lathes, 5-axis CNC Mills, Wire EDM, and a full range of support equipment. Parametric services multiple industries including aerospace and medical across the country. Parametric specializes in tight-tolerance prototypes and short-run custom components.
- Sets up and operates conventional and CNC lathes or machining centers to fabricate parts to prints and/or CAD models.
- From prints, plan sequence of operations, tooling, fixtures and setup requirements.
- Understand and regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, and coolant.
- Collaborate with our QC department, verify conformance of finished workpiece to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Fine detail to cosmetics, accuracy and quality of machined parts.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Minimum of 4 years as a machinist.
- Experience with set-up and operation of conventional machines (lathes, knee mills)
- Ability to make parts from sketches and blueprints, create setups and run parts with applicable assistance.
- Mechanical mind set.
- Experience and ability to use precision measuring instruments to inspect parts.
- Ability to read, understand and edit CNC programs, both G-code and conversational.
- Mastercam experience is a plus.
- Paid Holidays.
- Paid Vacations.
- Percentage of medical insurance provided
- 1st shift only
Parametric Machining, Inc. is now located at 16335 Lima Rd #3, Huntertown, IN 46748.
At 16,000 sq ft, our new facility is double the size of our previous.
We are excited to announce the addition of two machines to our shop! A Haas VF-6TR now gives us 5-axis capabilities and a Moore Model No. 3 Jig Grinder improves our tolerance capabilities.